Friday, April 18, 2014

Day 17: Psychic Class

Psychic Class

We were introduced to our third
eyes late one winter day, the class
doubting one could actually walk
through the wall to the snowy sideyard.
Rose tossed another log on the fire
and I worried the chimney would catch,
but the teacher's calming voice encouraged
me to relax.  Ignor the events around you.
Shortly I stepped from my body and crossed
the room.The wall turned to fog, misty to
walk through. Outside I looked up.  Orange
sparks flew out the chimney, shooting toward
a starry sky. Later, aware of my body again,
I stretched and yawned, turning to the teacher.
She nodded, saying, You did a good job.

No comments:

Featured

Poet for the Land

  Nancy Canyon, Writing the Land Poet As a Writing the Land poet, I adopted Todd Creek, a Whatcom Land Trust parcel, last year, my one year ...