Thursday, April 13, 2017

When Everything Ends You'll Need Four-Wheel Drive

My grandsons watch Scubbie Doo on television
I sew a bag and listen to a talking dog on television.

The day is full of scudding clouds, the weather report
inaccurate. End of the world party is sported on television

We are women of power, goddesses who save the world.
The news does makeovers, model hair curled on television.

The car needs vacuuming. The boys won’t clean it for
ten dollars. I give up, watch ads for a four-door on television.

I’ve rearranged the living room? Now I’m making chicken
soup. I copied the recipe:finger-licken' good on television.

What do you think about saving the world, Nancy? Really,
I'm too tired. I’ll just watch the news reels on television.





No comments:

Featured

Poet for the Land

  Nancy Canyon, Writing the Land Poet As a Writing the Land poet, I adopted Todd Creek, a Whatcom Land Trust parcel, last year, my one year ...