Sunday, April 30, 2017

Repetition: Day 30 NaPoWriMo

Men say again and again how 
their sons were born…or how
the wife threatened them when
she was pregnant…or how poor 
they were in collage,so they ate huge 
meals on the weekends with their 
mothers to tie them over. Men
repeat these stories and women 
say, Yes,I know, you’ve already 
told me that. Once a man shouted, 
Well, I’ll telling you again. Another 
man said, We have no other stories.
If we don’t repeat these we’ll have
nothing to say. So women should say,
Oh really, how fascinating. And 
watch their eyes light up. Yes, I know 
I repeat myself, And I see the light 
go from his eyes, and right off I say, 
I’ve already told you haven’t I. And 
he nods. And we're quiet for a few
moments before another topic arrives.  

No comments:

Featured

Poet for the Land

  Nancy Canyon, Writing the Land Poet As a Writing the Land poet, I adopted Todd Creek, a Whatcom Land Trust parcel, last year, my one year ...