Saturday, April 29, 2017

Mirror: Day 29, NaPoWriMo


I see you standing behind
me, reflecting the happiness
in our faces. Once a friend 
said he looked in the mirror 
and saw someone else. Some 
evil from a past life, or specter
manifesting out of darkness, 
its image replacing his face. 
shrugged,saying I did not 
know what he meant, or why 
he would see such a thing. 
Maybe he was messing with me,
as he did like to make me feel 
uncomfortable. Or maybe he was 
just one of those folks who saw 
through the veil to the wanton
malevolent stuff. But now, it’s 
clear to me there's nothing but 
love entering our field from 
beyond, and it reflects as clear 
delightful light.


No comments:

Featured

Poet for the Land

  Nancy Canyon, Writing the Land Poet As a Writing the Land poet, I adopted Todd Creek, a Whatcom Land Trust parcel, last year, my one year ...