Monday, April 17, 2017

Day 16 NaPoWriMo

 
Dear B

Your strips are nice as is your honey,
My only gripe is your stinger. The thing is, 
I’ve heard of a therapy that apparently works, 
stinging the sore spot on a knuckle or knee. 
This seems a little harsh for your kind, but 
giving of yourself to help others is good, they
say. My grandson is a afraid of you, as a close 
relative of yours once stung him next to his eye.  
When I fried chicken camping, and you landed
on my hand instead of the leg, I didn’t mind. 
But like my grandson, the sting hurt. I still have
arthritis in that hand. So who knows for sure. 
Anyway, you’re the best, so keep pollinating.

You’re friend,
Nance
  





No comments:

Featured

Poet for the Land

  Nancy Canyon, Writing the Land Poet As a Writing the Land poet, I adopted Todd Creek, a Whatcom Land Trust parcel, last year, my one year ...